There is a small, but dedicated group of paddlers in South Africa. We do it for the love of the sport. To explore and see what our country has to offer. This is an on-line guide book to get paddlers out there and to get them paddling some of the classic and some of the new runs.
The info is based on first hand experience either by myself or with guys with which I have paddled on several occasions (I trust their judgement). That said, this is a working document/guide and your updates in the comment section is highly appreciated. To stay safe on the rivers, do the following:
– Paddle in your skill level
– Paddle in a group (a competent group)
– Get training (first aid and rescue)
– Use common sense ( This is generally the hardest one)
– Scout when in doubt
– Keep a good boating karma (with other boaters and with the land-owners)
– Get out there and paddle
Check the Twitter feed for upcoming info. This blog will be updated as regularly as possible.
Stay safe and boof hard!